Friday, January 6, 2012

Tutti Fruity Buns

The days are over flowing with my baked goodies. I still, take a huge amount of time to bake. But slowly am trying to reach that zone of comfortableness. Well, in such a place I was so excited to bake with Mr. Yeast. Mr.Yeast is been waiting for a very long time in my pantry. He pops up every now and then to ask did you call me? I just set him aside and cook something else. But now I am ready to go for a trial and some tests.

I looked at more than 1 site to see how to proof Mt. Yeast. I was so worried if I was on right way. But everything has to be tried out to achieve. So, I started to prepare them Tutti Fruity Buns.

I have not seen these buns here till now. My mom loves buns. I wish I could have tried them when she was here. She would have lived on my buns. Before my marriage, we used to go to walk everyday. Just a casual walk around our place. So, she sees Adyar Bakery and enters for the buns. Somehow, I used to feel they are quite blank and choose black forest cake instead.



But when you bake the buns at home, you feel a heavenly taste and love to have another one. Don't we think, we know what stuffs we add and also we know our place is clean.

So you try this recipe, and you will like it even if you are not a Bun lover.


You need:
(Source: Swethas Blog)
1 cup All pupose flour (more for dusting)
1 Tbsp Whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
1/2 cup
1/4 cup warm water (to proof yeast)
2 Tbsp milk
3/4 Tbsp Olive oil (or vegetable oil)
1 eggwhite (I did not use)


Proofing Yeast
Take warm water, about 1/4 cup.  Dissolve sugar in it and then add the yeast and mix thoroughly. Set aside for 5 to 10 mins. By now, yeast would have raised well.
Once I did this, I found using yeast is so simple.

Sift flour and salt and set aside. To this add the yeast mixture, milk and oil. Now fold in the tutti fruity to the dough. Knead well, initially the dough will be sticky, you need to knead nicely to get an elastic texture. If you feel the dough is still sticky then add 1 Tbsp of flour. Knead the dough for about 10 - 12 mins.
Preheat oven for 10 mins, @ 350F / 150C.
Place the dough in a greased deep bowl and cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 40 mins. The dough will double in size. Now make round balls from the dough of desired size. About 8 to 10 balls cake for me. Keep them aside for about 1/2 hour.
Brush the top with butter or egg white if like the brown color of the buns, I like to be white. 
Now take a greased baking pan. Place the dough balls on the baking tray with 1 inch space. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 mins. I took 17 mins for the buns to be ready.

Take the baked bun and cool them on the wire rack. Once cooled, they are ready to eat. The colors of tutti fruity everywhere makes me pick one!

Just cut in the middle, spoon in cream cheese and take a bite.


1 comment:

  1. Just mouthwatering...looks so easy to prepare & delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...