Monday, June 28, 2010

Potato Sandwich

After the weekend, another new week has just started! 
I wanted to make something heavy for breakfast today! I had not tried potato sandwich, so I gave a try to it! It came out so well, and also we feel quite heavy after it!




Serving
Serves 2 people
You need
3 medium sized potatoes ( boiled and mashed)
4 slices of bread (I used multi grain bread)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 green chilli
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp jeera powder
1/2 tbsp amchur powder
2 tspn oil
curry leaves to taste
salt to taste

Heat oil in a pan. Add the oinion and fry till golden brown with the green chillies. Then add the curry leaves, and add the mashed potato. Stir fry for about half a minute. Then add the dry powders. Fry this and add water if required. I wanted little wetness in the potato. Once you get the aroma, turn off and let cool for about 10 mins. 
Now add a slice of cheese to each sandwich, then add the cooked potato masala. Place in sandwich maker (or bake in oven) for not more than 2 mins or untill cheese melts.
(We don't like the chilli in the sandwich, so after making the potato masala, I removed the chillies and added some freshly grinded pepper to my sandwich before baking. We make these variations depending on our spice requirements.)

Potato Sandwich is my entry to the "Sandwich Mela" event hosted by cooking4allseasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...