Friday, March 2, 2018

American Sandwich Bread - without Bread machine

My last post was back in 2015 and it's after 3 years I want to resume writing here. I am not a great writer, nor great artist. I presume writing my blog lets me more creative and alleviate my ideas. Like everyone, I too had enormous reasons in not being consistent here. With more changes in life, it became impossible to oblige with my blogging. Although, I am a person who welcomes changes and enjoy varied activities. I have been monotonous and flat with my cooking, as my kids never liked more flavors in food. And now, they love to explore more flavors and appreciate assorted cuisines. My daughter loves baking, so it is time for me to refine my baking skills.

Bread is the one that is sort after by all of us in the family. My mom is very particular of the ingredients in purchasing store bought bread. It is the hardest thing to convince her when it comes to what I feed my kids. I keep making my bread quite often and finally landed up with a superior fine quality recipe.

Making bread involves more intense work. And there is nothing beats the flavor, and comfort of a home-made bread. The smell of a freshly baked bread always lingers around the kitchen. If you never had success with the end product, don't give off to the expert bakers. I took umpteen trial to make a better quality bread.

Breads can be made using bread machines, no-knead ones. It is not a hard way to follow either of them. But most of us do not carry a bread machine and use our hands for kneading. In-fact, I still do not carry a kneader or mixer for kneading. I rely on my and my husbands hands for kneading. The below recipe let you to make 1-9inch loaf of American Sandwich Bread. Lets get into the recipe.




American Sandwich Bread

One 9-inch Loaf 

Prep time: 2 hours
Baking time: 45 mins

Ingredients
3 3/4 cup Bread flour, plus extra for dusting
3/4 cup warm milk
1/3 cup warm water
2 Tbsp honey
4 Tbsp unsalted Sweet Butter
2 tsp Salt
2 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast (1 envelop)

Directions:


  • I always like to raise my yeast before mixing with the flour. So, we can add the yeast to the warm milk with a pinch of sugar or honey. Let it raise, it will take about 10 - 12 mins. 
  • In a large mixing bowl, take 3 1/2 cup of flour, add salt and mix. Now, add the yeast with milk, warm water, butter, honey and mix. 
  • Knead the bread in the mixer or with the hand. Knead it for about 15 mins. While doing my hand, knead nicely then make as a ball and again start kneading. If using a stand mixer, remover every 5 mins and knead by hand for 30 secs and continue again. 
  • Grease a bowl with butter and dust with the flour. Place this kneaded dough in the bowl and cover with a glass wrap. Let it rest in a warm place for about 45 mins. 
  • Remove the dough to a floured work surface and press out the air. 
  • Rolling it to a cylindrical shape or shape it to a 9-inch loaf in a loaf pan. wrap it tight and let it rest for about 45 mins. 
  • Preheat the oven. The loaf will double in size. Brush this loaf with butter on top and place it in the oven for about 45 mins. 
  • The center of the bread should be 200 degrees when its done. Fresh home made bread is ready. 




What a delight in baking your bread with the flavors of your choice! 

Below is an image illustrating how to knead the dough by hand from Google. 












2 comments:

  1. Super Vidya. Glad to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing collection of recipes ��. Thank you very much for sharing this with us.good job, keep it up. Veg Biriyani Recipe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...